Public Cloud Engineering Expert
On Premise, Off Premise, Cloud, what matters is where your data is. So protect it, move it, use it.
- Responsible for design and implementation of public cloud networking solutions.
- Provide engineering to operate and support mission critical infrastructure services to all consumers in company which are in the scope of the BEF and/or COE, ensuring their stability and integrity.
- Design and develop IT network for public cloud.
- Design, implement and maintain security/infrastructure requirements for development / testing environment.
- Work in close collaboration with Architecture and Operations to integrate new solutions.
- Develop and enhance automated processes to release new solutions into the live environment.
- Creates, maintains, and regularly reviews an availability management system and a forward-looking availability plan, aimed at improving the overall availability of IT services and infrastructure components.
- Ensure Public Cloud Service is delivered in line with Service Delivery manager.
- Report to Service Deliver Manager on service issues and / or opportunities to optimize the public cloud services.
Good to have
- University degree level education or comparable education in Computer Science or Engineering Science (technical background) or work experience as senior network or cloud engineer in a global enterprise.
- 3+ years related experience in designing, planning, documenting, and implementing cloud focused solutions with network at its core or 5+ years Senior Network Engineering experience in a global enterprise.
- Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure.
- Management of automation solutions with Ansible.
- Understands the needs of the business and aspects of the external environment.
- Knowledge on hybrid public cloud design concepts.
- Knowledge of IP networking and security in AWS – VPNs, DNS, load balancing, security, and interaction with on-site security and networking systems. Certification is a plus.
- Strong scripting and automation skills with one or more of the following: Python, Bash, Ruby in an operational setting.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as a code tools like terraform, puppet or similar.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows systems administration skills in a cloud or virtualized environment.