iSeries System Engineer
The iSeries System Engineer has to ensure the correct and efficient functioning with highest availability and performance of the iSeries AS400 platform. This position will have an emphasis on providing technical 1.5st – 2nd tier support for the complete iSeries environment, which includes system administration on configuration, sizing, and support on implementation changes. This role also builds the central point of contact for all iSeries matters in Operations team, is responsible for guiding remote iSeries support from external vendors and is the interface with project teams (PMO) and other internal user groups and external suppliers. Another task for this role could be also migration from or to this environment.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting varying levels of IBM OS/400, licensed programs, and virtualization.
- Strong knowledge of work management, performance tuning and analysis, OS upgrades, patching, and third-party installations, upgrades, and patching.
- Full knowledge and use of i5/OS commands is a must. Basic CL programming knowledge is a must, proficiency is a plus.
- Provides support for production, test, and development environments globally.
- Develops and maintains current documentation of all processes related to the administration of the AS400 environment and the ability to mentor team on technical competencies as required.
- Effectively troubleshoots system issues and work with other departments if required to obtain a successful resolution within a short period of time meeting SLA targets.
Good to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar OR related work experience with administering systems.
- 3+ years of iSeries L1,5-L2/Engineering support experience.
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of BRMS, iTera, Qedd, MiMiX, HMC Management, AIX.
- Comunicative english.
Brno, Czech republic