Deputy Project Manager
- Assist Principal Project Managers in execution of multiple large, complex projects.
- Manage separate workstreams, ensure task execution, assess risks, determine issue resolution, and coordinate efforts of multiple contributors.
- Work with multinational teams to create project accounting objects, procure equipment and book costs in rest of world locations without uniform purchasing processes.
- Liaise with global and local procurement teams to identify and solve financial and purchasing issues before they impact project timelines.
- Ensure appropriate use of project management methods and tools.
- Provide project financial reporting including overall performance of the project and ad hoc reporting showing performance against budget and cost breakdowns.
- Advise PMs about purchasing, reporting and budgeting processes and policies.
- Become subject matter expert in known purchasing and accounting issues related to different policies, processes and standards between different Novartis legal entities.
- 4-6+ years business and IT experience, including minimum 2 years in Financial Planning & Analysis or Purchasing (P2P) process of multinational corp.
- Able to clearly and concisely explain financial processes to non-financial professionals.
- Even-tempered, patient, problem-solving focus.
- Superior Excel skills, knowledge of SAP and various budgeting, consolidation and reporting systems a plus.
- Solid knowledge of project management, IT Standards.
- Knowledge of business process analysis & design, IT architecture, technical standards and GxP requirements.
- Basic understanding of organizational change management.
- Good negotiation and vendor management skills